Friday, November 27, 2015

Welcome Kim Lindsey to Your Pet Nana Team

At Pet AuPair, we strive able to take care of your pet care needs  with one call.  All our sitters are covered under our bond and pet insurance umbrella and have passed a background check.  I am delighted to introduce our newest team member.  Here Kim tells you a little about herself.

     I moved to Madison Alabama with my Husband in 1984.  Raised two boys and now I’m in the next chapter of life – being a Grandma.  

     Besides my precious family, my passion is spoiling the animals.  I have had dogs all my life and I have been a pet parent for 34 years.During my childhood we always had a family pet that stayed indoors and protected us, so I wanted the same for my children.  My two sons (now grown) can remember having our Yellow Lab “Hercules” during their years growing up.  Hercules was named properly due to his huge paws for only being 6 weeks old.  We laugh when telling the story of Hercules running in the backyard with a tree branch in his mouth that was about twice his size.  Oh yes, he was not afraid of anything or anyone.  He was such a good family pet, and very protective with the children.  Hercules lived to see 16 years old, he passed about 5 years ago.  

     When my oldest son got married in 2011, he and his wife decided to have a rescue for their first family pet. They went to their local animal shelter and found their love – a Bagel, which is a combination of Basset Hound and Beagle.  They named him “Sherlock” and he was my first grand-dog.  Sherlock was 5 years old when he became part of our family. His hip was displaced due to being hit by a car in previous years. He also had an issue with reverse sneezing, so I would have to pay close attention to him when he stayed at grandma’s house.  I give my kids credit for taking on that extra responsibility of adopting an older dog with health issues.  We had many good memories with Sherlock.  He passed away last year when he lost his fight against cancer.  

   Over the years I have a dear friend that I pet sit for when they go out of town to ballgames, etc.  They have a pair of awesome bulldogs, but unfortunately they are both alpha dogs (one is his and one is hers) that were joined together by marriage.  They both have wonderful individual personalities but are very protective when in the same room together.  So, during the time I pet sit for them, we need to keep the two bulldogs separated.  On the hour, every hour, I switch them up – and each one gets to have play time with me.  Makes for a long night but they are such a joy, and so well behaved.  I give the pet parents a big “well done” on keeping them on a fantastic schedule.  It sure makes it easier for when I switch them up – they know exactly what to do when going into separate rooms.

     I currently have a Chocolate Lab “Hershey” who is 4 years old.  He is my rescue angel.  Not sure how anyone could beat and starve such a precious boy, but now he is King of my household.

     During the day I’m at Madison City Hall where I work as an Administrative Assistant for the past 24 years (stop by and say Hi), but during the evening and weekends I am available to help spoil your precious Kings and Queens.  Let me be Your Pet Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment